Heath Ledger Died Because Of An Overdose

files1.jpg

Best known for his role in “Brokeback Mountain”, Heath Ledger died because of an accidental overdose of prescription medications including painkillers, anti-anxiety drugs and sleeping pills, the New York City medical examiner’s office said on Tuesday.

“Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine” it was said in a statement.

“We have concluded that the manner of death is accident, resulting from the abuse of prescription medications.”

At his 28years, the Austalian actor died in an apartment in Lower Manhattan.

Ledger’s father, Kim, said on Wednesday that: “While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy. Heath’s accidental death serves as a caution to the hidden dangers of combining prescription medication, even at low dosage.”

“Families rarely experience the uplifting, warm and massive outpouring of grief and support as have we, from every corner of the planet,” his family added in the statement. “This has deeply and profoundly touched our hearts and lives. We are eternally grateful.”

Before his death, Ledger told The New York Times that: “Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night” and that “I couldn’t stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going.”

Tags:

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: