Cameron Diaz’s Family Pays Tribute to Her Father|Celebrity News

“Cameron Diaz’s” family remembered her father Emilio for his humor and honesty, and said they’re coping with his April 15 death with the help of “an amazing outpouring of love.”

“His love for laughter was undeniable and he embraced life head-on in such a dynamic way that he was impossible to forget,” the family said in an exclusive statement to people.

Emilio Diaz, 58, died from post-influenza MRSA pneumonia, an aggressive staph infection that can occur in all ages and in otherwise healthy people, the family said.

The Cuban-American Emilio, who is survived by wife Billie and their daughters Cameron, 35, and Chimene, 37, was a “playful abuelo” – Spanish for grandpa – who was “incredibly loyal and dependable” and always ready to “standup up for those who were less fortunate.”

“As a family, it is almost impossible to put into words how amazing Emilio was,” they said. “The one thing that was a certainty with Emilio was that you always knew where you stood with him. He was so honest and always spoke his mind.”

He also “loved to share his love through laughter,” the family said.

“The thing that was most important to him was his family,” they said. “And he often said that his greatest accomplishment was raising two people that were better human beings than he was. He was devoted to each family member equally and was proud of the accomplishments they all made.”

The Diaz family, they said, is dealing with their loss “through support and love from family and friends and the amazing outpouring of love and admiration from those people whose lives Emilio touched
Celebrity News

Advertisements

Ashley Dupré Sues Joe Francis|Celebrity News

Ashley Alexandra Dupré, the New Jersey woman at the center of the New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer call-girl scandal, filed suit Monday against Girls Gone Wild founder Joe Francis and his film company – claiming he exploited her name and image for profit
Celebrity News

The lawsuit seeks more than $10 million in damages. In legal documents, Dupré alleges that Girls Gone Wild representatives approached her while she was vacationing in Florida in 2003, offered her alcohol and cajoled her into exposing her breasts for their cameras when she was just 17 (and not of proper legal age to sign a release form allowing her to be filmed).

Since then, the suit claims, Girls Gone Wild has illegally exploited Dupré’s name, picture, voice and likeness in a number of deceptive ad campaigns and on Web sites.

Francis said he was “surprised and in fact amazed” by the lawsuit, noting he has not released new video of Dupré “due to corporate policy of not using footage of individuals younger than 18” and asserting she gave her consent on video, providing identification.

“She’s seeking $10 million for topless photos taken in front of a room full of people, including two newspapers and multiple crews we had in the room,” adds Francis. “These images were taken in public places and contain no sexual contact. We expect to triumph in this matter.”

Last month, Francis was released from a jail in Nevada, where he continues to face federal tax evasion charges. He is currently fighting separate charges in Florida for allegedly filming underage girls in Panama City. Francis claims that the girls in question lied about their age.

Dupré, who turns 23 this week, has not appeared publicly since the Gov. Spitzer scandal broke.
Celebrity News

Joel Madden Surprises Nicole Richie with Getaway [Celebrity News]

Joel Madden” whisked girlfriend “Nicole Richie” and their three-and-a-half-month-old daughter Harlow to the California desert this weekend for a surprise family vacation, the Good Charlotte singer tells people.
Celebrity News

The Richie-Madden clan headed to the Palm Springs area for the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival, a three-day event headlined by performers including Prince, Jack Johnson and Roger Waters.

“[Nicole] hasn’t been able to do a whole lot over the year, so we’re having a little family trip,” Madden told people at the BPM Hpnotiq Smurf House, where he DJ’d a festival pre-party Saturday afternoon.

“I [rented] a house and surprised Nicole with a weekend trip because she likes Coachella. She was like, ‘I really want to go!’ So I surprised her. We brought the baby.”

And their activity? “Hanging by the pool.”

While Madden, 29, spun music for party guests including Dave Annable and Taryn Manning, a smiling, relaxed Richie, 26, chatted with friends about her daughter, who was being looked after at their nearby rental home.

Benji and Paris, Too
Meanwhile, Joel’s twin brother Benji Madden and his girlfriend Paris Hilton, who last week celebrated their relationship’s two-month anniversary, were also in town for the music festival.

So which couple will make it to the altar first? “We’re the family with the baby so I think probably us, but who knows,” says Joel – who remained mum on his and Richie’s wedding plans.
Celebrity News

Miley Cyrus: I’m Sorry for Photos [Celebrity News]

Miley Cyrus issued a statement exclusively to people on Sunday, apologizing for a series of playfully provocative photos that circulated on the Internet last week, as well as those from a racy, as-yet unreleased Vanity Fair photo shoot in which she appears to be nude.
Celebrity News

The singer, 15, tells people: “My goal in my music and my acting is always to make people happy. For Vanity Fair, I was so honored and thrilled to work with Annie [Leibovitz]. I took part in a photo shoot that was supposed to be ‘artistic’ and now, seeing the photographs and reading the story, I feel so embarrassed.”

A source close to the singer tells people that Cyrus is clothed but shown by renowned photographer Annie Leibovitz in such a way that that the teen appears to be topless.

In the photos that circulated on the Internet, Cyrus, her midriff exposed, is shown draped over the lap of her then-boyfriend, her producer’s son. In another image, a hint of a green bra is evident. (Those photos alone prompted criticism from conservative TV commentator Bill O’Reilly, as well as words of support from the Jonas Brothers and a fellow Disney star.)

Cyrus goes on to say: “The pictures of me on the Internet were silly, inappropriate shots. I appreciate all the support of my fans, and hope they understand that along the way I am going to make mistakes and I am not perfect. I never intended for any of this to happen and I am truly sorry if I have disappointed anyone.

“Most of all,” she says, “I have let myself down. I will learn from my mistakes and trust my support team. My family and my faith will guide me through my life’s journey.”

Disney Channel Statement
In its own statement about the Vanity Fair story, the Disney Channel, which broadcasts Cyrus’s series Hannah Montana, said: “Unfortunately, as the article suggests, a situation was created to deliberately manipulate a 15-year-old in order to sell magazines.”

Describing the photo session to people, a source close to Cyrus reiterated the teen’s excitement at working with Leibovitz, and also said of the shoot: “Her parents were there all day. [Father] Billy Ray shot, too.”

Though Cyrus’s parents left before the final shot, with Miley supposed to be appearing topless, the source said: “Miley’s grandmother and her teacher were there when she shot it. Annie convinced them it was going to be artistic. Her parents are mortified. They know this is a learning moment for Miley.

“The photo suggests that she is [naked], but she is not. She is covered by a sheet, and beneath the sheet she is clothed. Originally, she was in a flesh-colored tank top but was asked to remove it.”

In a statement to The New York Times, Beth Kseniak, a spokeswoman for both Vanity Fair and Leibovitz, said: “Miley’s parents and/or minders were on the set all day. Since the photo was taken digitally, they saw it on the shoot and everyone thought it was a beautiful and natural portrait of Miley.”
Celebrity News

Amy Winehouse Released from Jail|Celebrity News

Amy Winehouse was released from police custody in London Saturday morning, after being cautioned for “common assault,” a police source confirmed to people.

The soul diva, 24, spent the night in the city’s Holborn police station after voluntarily arriving for questioning at around 5 p.m. Friday.

When she arrived, a police spokesman told people, a doctor determined she was “in no fit state” to be interviewed, so she was kept in a cell overnight. Once a doctor gave the go-ahead, she was questioned Saturday morning about a street brawl in which she allegedly attacked a man in the early hours of Wednesday.

“A 24-year-old woman today received a caution for common assault and has been released from custody,” a police spokesman said. As is the custom, British police do not name suspects unless they are charged.

It was an active 48 hours for Winehouse, who met with her lawyers Thursday evening to talk about the alleged assault. She then hit the Good Mixer pub and the Made in Brasil bar, where she was kicked out at about 12:30 a.m.

The singer did not attend husband Blake Fielder-Civil’s court hearing Friday morning. (He faces charges of trying to fix a case in which he is accused of assaulting a bartender.)

Winehouse emerged from her residence in the afternoon and was mobbed by photographers – to whom she made no comment – as she picked up her goddaughter from school. The singer then dropped in on a tanning salon, and finally – about two hours late – the police station.
Celebrity News

Jay-Z and Beyoncé: Acting Like Newlyweds|Celebrity News

They’ve yet to confirm their April 4 nuptials, but Beyoncé Knowles and Jay-Z are certainly acting like newlyweds.

After the rapper’s sold-out show at the Hollywood Bowl in L.A. Wednesday night, the inseparable duo headed to his private dinner and after-party at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel’s Tropicana Bar. Neither wore a wedding ring, but in all other ways they were the picture of wedded bliss.

Knowles, 26, arrived just after 11 p.m. with Destiny’s Child member Michelle Williams by her side – and her groom just a few steps behind, letting her lead the way. They headed upstairs to the “bridge” above the Tropicana Bar where they held their private dinner for 40 friends and family catered by the hotel’s upscale steakhouse, Dakota.

Jay-Z, 38, stayed by Knowles’s side all night – only slipping away for a few minutes to change from his concert clothes into a dapper dark suit.

When he returned, Beyoncé – who, sources say, was joined by her mom Tina and sister Solange – cuddled up next to her man at one of the many large long tables set up for the private dinner.

At several points during the dinner, Knowles wrapped her arms around the rapper and rubbed his back. At other times, she would lean her head against his shoulder and hold him tightly. “She looked as if she never wanted to let him go,” said an onlooker.

Guests including Christina Aguilera and Mary J. Blige – who swung by after hitting her own bash at Hollywood’s Ritual Supper – all feasted on a four-course menu from Dakota, including options like tuna carpaccio, Maine lobster, braised short rib cannelloni, diver scallops, lamb and filet. The group also partied their way through many bottles of tequila and red wine.

The large party relaxed to tunes by DJ Samantha Ronson, who was accompanied by BFF Lindsay Lohan. (At one point, the actress came by to pay her respects to the happy couple.) As the night wore on, the whole crew chilled by the Roosevelt pool until just past 2 a.m.
Celebrity News

EXCLUSIVE: Beyoncé & Jay-Z File Signed Marriage License

Beyoncé and Jay-Z are mum, but their paperwork is doing the talking for them: The couple filed their signed wedding license Friday in Scarsdale, N.Y., people has confirmed exclusively.

Scarsdale Town Clerk Donna Conkling tells people the license – which lists the wedding date as April 4 – was received on Friday afternoon. The couple applied for the license just three days before the ceremony attended by friends and family, including Beyoncé’s mother Tina Knowles, her father/manager Mathew, her sister Solange, her Destiny’s Child pals Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams, and the couple’s friend Gwyneth Paltrow.

Although the couple’s license was filed more than five days after the wedding – as required by law – Conkling tells people it’s expected to be processed with the state without a penalty. (No special celeb treatment here: Conkling says the penalty is frequently waived.)

Though sources confirmed the wedding to people, the couple have remained silent about their nuptials. Shortly after the wedding, Beyonce was spotted with a ring while joining Jay-Z on tour, but neither of them have publicly stepped out with new jewelry.