Ashley Dupré Drops Her Suit Against Joe Francis

Ashley Alexandra Dupré, the woman at the center of New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer’s call-girl scandal, withdrew her $10-million lawsuit against Girls Gone Wild founder Joe Francis and his film company on Thursday afternoon.

The suit, originally filed in April, claimed that Dupré’s name and image had been exploited for profit.

“Ms. Dupré wants to eliminate all negativity from her life and focus on the positive,” Dupré’s attorney Richard C. Wolfe said in a statement. “She has prospects for many exciting new projects and is looking forward to starting a new chapter.”

Francis could not immediately be reached for comment.

The lawsuit alleged that Dupré was duped into signing a release form and exposing her breasts for Girls Gone Wild cameras in 2003, when she was only 17.

After the lawsuit was filed, Francis said he was “surprised and in fact amazed” by her claims, noting that he had not released new video of Dupré “due to corporate policy of not using footage of individuals younger than 18.” Francis also asserted that Dupré gave her consent on video when the footage was taken, and at that time provided his camera crew with identification that showed she was 18. Francis later released video clips that supported those assertions.

Ashley Dupré Speaks Out for First Time

Ashley Dupré is speaking out for the first time since the New York prostitution scandal, paying tribute to her supporters and telling her critics that they only make her stronger.

“Thank you all so much for taking the time to send me a bit of strength and inspiration via e-mail or comment,” Dupré writes on her MySpace blog, in which she calls her mood “Thankful.” “Your words have touched me, and I thank you for that … with all my heart, I love you guys!!! :)”

The 23-year-old call girl who played a major role in bringing down Gov. Eliot Spitzer had been nearly invisible since March 12, when she was identified.

But over the weekend the aspiring singer responded to the many people who left supportive messages on her account.

Dupré also left a comment for her critics: “And to all the not so kind words … I love you too, because it makes me push myself and want it even more. ‘Hard times don’t last … only strong people.'”

Since the scandal broke, Dupré – born Ashley Youmans in 1985 – has been spending some of her time trying to escape the controversy by hanging out with her mother and getting spa treatments.

In April, she filed a $10-million lawsuit against Girls Gone Wild founder Joe Francis, claiming that the company was exploiting nude images of her from when she was 17.

Ashley Dupré Sues Joe Francis|Celebrity News

Ashley Alexandra Dupré, the New Jersey woman at the center of the New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer call-girl scandal, filed suit Monday against Girls Gone Wild founder Joe Francis and his film company – claiming he exploited her name and image for profit
Celebrity News

The lawsuit seeks more than $10 million in damages. In legal documents, Dupré alleges that Girls Gone Wild representatives approached her while she was vacationing in Florida in 2003, offered her alcohol and cajoled her into exposing her breasts for their cameras when she was just 17 (and not of proper legal age to sign a release form allowing her to be filmed).

Since then, the suit claims, Girls Gone Wild has illegally exploited Dupré’s name, picture, voice and likeness in a number of deceptive ad campaigns and on Web sites.

Francis said he was “surprised and in fact amazed” by the lawsuit, noting he has not released new video of Dupré “due to corporate policy of not using footage of individuals younger than 18” and asserting she gave her consent on video, providing identification.

“She’s seeking $10 million for topless photos taken in front of a room full of people, including two newspapers and multiple crews we had in the room,” adds Francis. “These images were taken in public places and contain no sexual contact. We expect to triumph in this matter.”

Last month, Francis was released from a jail in Nevada, where he continues to face federal tax evasion charges. He is currently fighting separate charges in Florida for allegedly filming underage girls in Panama City. Francis claims that the girls in question lied about their age.

Dupré, who turns 23 this week, has not appeared publicly since the Gov. Spitzer scandal broke.
Celebrity News

The Donald Wants Ashley Dupré! (For His New Reality Show) Celebrity News

An insider at Donald Trump’s newly announced My Fair Lady-style MTV reality show said that infamous call girl Ashley Alexander Dupré has been asked to join the cast.

donald_trump320.jpg

The still-untitled show, produced by “Donald Trump” Productions (and referred to in some press reports as “Lady or a Tramp”) was picked up by MTV for eight hour-long episodes. Based on a British show called Ladette to Lady, the show will take a group of 15 hard-partying young women and send them off to a boarding school environment where they’ll learn to become more ladylike.

“She’s the perfect candidate,” the show insider says of “Dupré“, the 22-year-old at the center of the Gov. Eliot Spitzer prostitution scandal.

The show has not yet heard back from Dupré with any reaction to the offer.

Donald Trump could not immediately be reached for comment.

The Donald has had some experience reforming hard-partying young women in the past, of course. He famously sent Miss USA Tara Conner to rehab and gave her a “second chance” to keep her crown in December of 2006. –Mark Dagostino

Celebrity News